Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
Deb says that these should go in an 8x8 pan, however, I doubled the recipe and still found the blondies to be too thin for even an 8x8 pan. This leads me to believe I did something wrong, which is entirely likely. I will be trying these again for the holiday season with white chocolate chips and cranberries so we will see if they turn out better.
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Pinch salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
- Butter an 8×8 pan
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar – beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- Add salt, stir in flour. Mix in chocolate chips or any other possible add-ins.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle. My oven runs hot, so I took them out at about 19 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.
No comments:
Post a Comment